Sunday, September 20, 2009

CLE via Japan or a Pre-Electric Eels - Ladies and Gentlemen, Murahachibu



One of my numererous intentions is to share with you various pre-punk favorites from the dark ages. Not unlike the South Bay's unheraled Clap, what happens when you get a garagey/glammy, Stones-influenced band: something not unlike the Dolls. You also get, in this instance, something approaching the brilliance of "Flapping Jets" by the Electric Eels. This track, appropriately titled "Ah," is from 1971's "Kutabirete." If I could turn it up to 11 for you I would.



Here is string of clips from a Japanese dvd, looking like outtakes from Bob Gruen's "All Dolled Up"!! Anyone have spare Marahachibu vinyl to trade?



Now a live version:



1 comment:

  1. Real cool blog. I especially dug the heavy metal sleaze of Marahachibu, though I dunno if it has quite the same the retard beauty of the Eels. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete