Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lemming "Father John," "Queen Jacula"and "Lucifera"/"Don't Look Behind (Trampa macabre)

One of my favorite contemporary video pieces that I saw in Mexico City back in January, at the show "La voluntad de la piedra" at el Museo de Arte Carrillo Gil, was "Don’t look behind (Trampa macabra"), Leo Marz's giallo-inspired, critical exegis of terror (or is it curatorial horror given the Mexican art world cameos).  I doubt Leo is familiar with most excellent Dutch glam rockers Lemming but I think he would like the low budget Argento/Suspiria vibe that their Dutch television performances from 1974 to 1975 reek of: the essential "Father John" (about a monk!) and "Queen Jacula."  And I will posit it here first. Is not Lemming's great dancer in these clips, Lucifera (RIP), the continent's low budget glam answer to Stacia? Thanks to Robin for originally introducing me to the greatness of Lemming back in 2006.


4 comments:

  1. I will thank you for the rest of my life for pointing me to the Queen Jacula video ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Holly! We need a full album of Lemming! Let me know when you put Lucifera/Queen Jacula on a t-shirt and I will be the first to purchase one!

      Delete
  2. NICE! Never heard Lemming before -- thanks for sharing this.

    Your pal,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Dave! You NEED this comp:

      http://www.nederglam.nl/Intro.html

      Delete