Friday, January 18, 2013

Get Out of Denver . . . with Frantix

The last time I was in Denver for a court hearing, I was going down in the elevator in the Federal Courthouse after getting served some hometown treatment by a GHWB lifetime appointee, and was told by opposing counsel in cowboy boots: "Welcome to Denver, son. Now you know the difference between a red state and a blue state." Didn't ask him about the Nails, Eric Boucher, the Fluid or Frantix for that matter. In the late 1980's I sent cash to the Fluid for a record (or was it a t-shirt) and got a letter back six months later with a band photo and an apology. I seem to recall from the timing that the band situation had gotten a tad . . . messy. Cash would have been pretty handy. A classic slice of pure Americana that sits nicely with Mr. Epp and the Calculations' "Mohawk Man," which I still have on a cassette taped straight offa Rodney on the Roq probably with a bumper intro by Mr. Bingenheimer. Live to tape at Packing House, Denver. All time KBD classic "My Dad's a Fucking Alcoholic" buried in there:

No comments:

Post a Comment